[Zope-CMF] Dynamic Roles?

John Waycott javajohn@cox.net
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 08:30:03 -0700

I have started to set up a CMF/Plone Intranet site for the first time
and wonder if roles can be determined dynamically or programatically?

For example, I add user metadata for "supervisor". Then, create two
roles "supervisor" and "subordinate", and then set up some condition to
indicate when these roles are true.

I know I can set up scripts in the workflow to look into the user
metadata to determine who my supervisor is, but it seems more elegant
and simpler to me to think of my supervisor and my list of subordinates
as roles. It would also mean that once a dynamic role was set up, all of
the CMF security machinery would then take advantage of it.

Regards,

John Waycott
javajohn@cox.net