[Zope-CMF] is there a way to massupdate memberdata?

Alan Runyan runyaga@runyaga.com
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 16:29:43 -0600

correct.  because *if it were* it would be a *security hole*

> Is protected and can not be reached with a mere script

yes. because it *is* a mere script.  this is why Zope3 should
not have any "through the web" scripting interface or if it does
it should come with a mechanism for people to "Do what even
God should not be able to do" (or whatever Evan called it)
because people just dont *get* that TTW scripting is a convience.
It is not how Zope is intended to function.

I ran into this mental block for a long time.  Once you start coding
at the Python filesystem level.. everything will start making sense.
The ZMI really gives people a false world view.. Out of the gate
people should be able to have a interactive prompt hooked up
to the ZODB so they can script it from there instead of always
resorting to the ZMI.

> I of course can use an external script that uses the second method. But
this
> is which is ugly and clumsy.

why is it ugly?  why is it clumsy?

> Is there no beter way to do it ?