[Zope-CMF] Adapting ZClass (Compound News Item) to CMF, but state isn't updating in catalog

ndegrootnl <ndegroot@ktu.nl> ndegroot@ktu.nl
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 23:00:22 -0000

Using ZClass tutorials, I succeeded in getting the ZClass based
product 'News item with Images' to update itself in the CMF
portal_catalog. It now updates when 'Adding' the product and when
editing the properties. But after 'Publish' the state-variable in the
catalog does *not* get updated. I tried adding (variations of)
reindex_object() like

    state_change.object.updateCatalog()
    here.reindex_object()

to a DCWorkflow script, but without success. I also tried to call a
ZClass method from the script.
We use the Compound News Item a lot on our site and I would be happy
to publish the revised version on the CMF Zope-site eventually.
Rewriting the product into a Python-based product is not an option
for me...

Nico de Groot
KTU University