[Zope-CMF] Calling context.setTitle() doesn't work when you're not a Manager

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
22 Jan 2003 09:53:15 -0500

On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 09:27, Slade Mrs A wrote:
> Calling context.setTitle() doesn't work when you're not a Manager.  I get
> the following error:	Unauthorized: You are not allowed to access setTitle
> in this context
>
> I tried giving the script a Proxy role of Manager but that didn't help, why?
> (FYI, I am trying to execute my script on a 'Skinned Folder').

SkinnedFolder's 'setTitle' comes from PortalFolder, where it is
protected by the "Manage Properties";  as a workaround, you could give
that permission to the "Owner" role.

This is likely a bug, as SkinnedFolder is supposed to be "content",
rather than "site structure" (PortalFolders normally make up the
structure of the site, and hence had a different permission guarding
their metadata than "ordinary" content).