[Zope-CMF] zope/cmf/plone folders...differences?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 20:42:47 +0200

Kelley, Sean wrote at 2003-7-8 09:33 -0700:
 > Maybe this question's answer will help me:
 > What is the difference between a folder created in the plone interface and
 > one created with the ZMI within plone folder...or for that matter one
 > created in the CMF interface?

I can tell you the difference between Zope Folders and CMF Folders.
I do not yet know much about Plone and Plone Folders.

Zope Folders are ObjectManagers that expose their content
via "objectIds", "objectValues" and "objectItems".

CMF Folders are also ObjectManagers. They have however a
"portal_type" (defined in "portal_types"). The CMF UI does not
use "object*" methods but "contentIds", "contentValues" and "contentItems".
They filter out any object with a "meta_type" not defined in
"portal_types".

I expect that Plone, too, uses "content*" methods.
However, the meta types found in Plone's "portal_types" are different
from that of the CMF. Therefore, your CMF content is not shown.

Try to add CMF types to Plone's "portal_types".
This may make your CMF content visible.
Be warned, however, that its "portal_type" is likely to be
inconsistent and point to the Plone rather than CMF types.

Dieter