[Zope-CMF] sum up member properties for specific time period

Norman Khine norman@khine.net
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 19:15:47 +0100

hi dieter,
thanks for the reply, but i am not sure i understand ;^(

you're saying that i should store these data within a database rather than
the ZODB? or am i wrong?

what i have is that i have setup some additional properties to the Member on
the CMF, this includes Join_Date, Office_Location etc, so when a user joins
the form registers the Date & Time and also it asks them to select from a
drop-down box the Office_Location(this is stored as 1, 2, 3 - where 1 is the
Head Office, 2 is Editorial, and 3 is Developmet) - all this is stored on
the ZODB and if I use the how-to http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1048010784
i can see all the data that I need to analyse, BUT don't have the know-how
of how to achieve this ;^(

also, looking at the http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1054497272 we can
count how many members we have? so isn't there a way to group these by
Join_Date property?

does this make my query still unworkable, or have i missed something in your
reply.

thanks

norman