[Zope-CMF] Re: FSPropertiesObject - lines property

Michael Haubenwallner michael@d2m.at
Tue, 03 Jun 2003 11:32:57 +0200

Chris Withers wrote:
> Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> i have seen you are the current maintainer of
>> CMF/CMFCore/FSPropertiesObject.py. if i should put this question on
>> the  collector - please tell me so and forgive me.
>

> Hmmm... what leads you to believe I'm the current maintainer?

$Id: FSPropertiesObject.py,v 1.15 2003/01/23 14:31:12 chrisw Exp $

Hmm, its all in a name - i alway thought chrisw is you - sorry about that.

> I wonder if hte list has any ideas on this:

Dieter gave me some hints over at the zope list...

Dieter Maurer wrote:
 > michael haubenwallner wrote at 2003-5-29 19:18 +0200:
 >  > how do i format the value of a lines property in a  "Filesystem
 >  > Properties Object" correct?
 >  >
 >  > eg: multivalues:lines=value1, value2, value3
 >  >
 >  > results in just one line, not three...
 >  >
 >  > ZPublisher.Converters.py: file2lines wants to split on \n
 >  > but no newlines are allowed in a .props file
 >
 > Difficult...
 >
 >   We would need either to add continuation lines or some kind
 >   of newline representing escape charachers.
 >
 > The better way would probably be to define a new "type", say "tales"
 > with TALES expressions as value. These expressions would be evaluated
 > to get the property value.
 >
 > If this would help you, post a feature request to
 > <http://collector.zope.org/CMF>.

So - a few usage examples would definitely help me out here

Thanks all
Michael