Re[2]: [Zope-CMF] Permission problem

Rainer Thaden Rainer Thaden <thadi@gmx.de>
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:25:56 +0200

Hi Dieter,

DM> Rainer Thaden wrote at 2003-6-10 17:06 +0200:
DM>  > i have different portal_types which act folderish. Let's take
DM>  > 'Employee' as an example:
DM>  >
DM>  > in a folder 'Employees' portal members can add new 'Employee' objects
DM>  > via folder contents -> new.
DM>  > Inside the folderish 'Employee' object, only the owner and an
DM>  > administrator should be allowed to add new objects (images etc.).
DM>  > Other logged in members should not see the folder contents action
DM>  > inside an 'Employee' object. How can i achieve that in the most
DM>  > comfortable way?
DM>  >
DM>  > In portal types -> Employee i can not set the List folder contents permission,
DM>  > which is applied to the folder contents action. If i set 'List folder
DM>  > contents' to manager and owner in the Employees folder the members can
DM>  > not add new 'Employee' objects which is not what i want.

DM> You want to restrict the permissions on the "Employee" instances
DM> themselves and not the "Employees" folder.

DM> An alternative might be to perform the creation by a script
DM> with proxie role. I fear, however, that it will not work.

Of course, that is what i want. But how do i achieve that? I can't set
the 'List folder contents' permission in the portal_types tool on
'Employee'. So do i have to write a script, which sets the permissions
of every single 'Employee' instance? That's not very elegant.

--
Regards,
 Rainer                            mailto:thadi@gmx.de