[Zope-CMF] traverse_subpath and Filesystem Directory Views

Jo Meder jo@meder.de
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:05:39 +0200

Hello all!

Just recently we stumbled across the following problem and up to now
we haven't found a solution.

Zope version does not seem to have an effect, we have checked with
2.6.1 and 2.6.2b1. We have not yet upgraded to CMF 1.4 though, perhaps
this is fixed in 1.4?

Anyway, here's the problem: We have this small Python Skript inside a
CMF Skin that uses traverse_subpath to fetch some parameters.

- working setup:
  If the skin-folder is located directly in the ZODB everything works
  fine.

- problem setup:
  If the skin-folder is connected via a Filesystem Directory View any
  call to the skript with a subpath fails until we call the skript
  once without any subpath.

- working example for usage in problem setup:

  Assume the skript is called "myskript". Directly after Zope startup
  we call

  1) http://foo.bar.baz/somewhere/myskript
  2) and after that http://foo.bar.baz/somewhere/myskript/something/other

  This works as expected.

- failing example for usage in problem setup:

  Again assume the skript is called "myskript". Directly after Zope
  startup we call

  1) http://foo.bar.baz/somewhere/myskript/something/other

  This consistently results in not found errors for
  /somewhere/myskript/something/other until the moment we again once
  call http://foo.bar.baz/somewhere/myskript

Has anybody heard of such a behaviour and <hope mode=on>found a
workaround or a solution for it</hope>.

Thanks for any help!

	Jo.

--