[Zope-CMF] user identity crisis - proxy server cache problem?

Kari-Hans Kommonen khk@uiah.fi
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:17:17 +0300

Hi all!

We have a CMF site where we believe we are not doing anything
extraordinary compared to an out of the box CMF site in the context
of this problem:

A user has first browsed the site as anonymous, and then joined and
logged in, and has seen her name appear as the username.

However, when she moves to another page where she has been before as
anonymous, the site shows the anonymous version and ignores the fact
that she has logged in.

She says cookies are on, their IT support people have tried all the
tricks they can think of with browser cookie and cache settings etc.

The strangest thing is that when they look up a page on another
machine where this user has never worked, the page shows up with her
username on top???

We have not had any problems of this sort with any other users - so
it looks like something idiosyncratic to their configuration.

Could it be that there is a proxy server in their network somehow
messing things up? Is it something else? Is there a way to fight
these kinds of problems from the zope server side?