[Zope-CMF] traverse_subpath and Filesystem Directory Views

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
26 Jun 2003 00:40:32 +0200

On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 20:52, Jo Meder wrote:
> > I've seen this problem too.
> > I never found time to investigate.
> > It's definitely a bug.
>
> Thank's, at least I can now stop tearing my hair out. We've now
> updated to CMFCore 1.4 and judging from the first tests the problem is
> much less reproductible now.
>
> Judging from a diff against Version 1.3 there have been a bunch of
> changes to DirectoryView.py.
>
> Does it make any sense to file a bug report for 1.3 now that 1.4 has
> been out for quite some time?

It could make sense to fix it on a 1.3 maintenance branch, but I'm not
sure there really is one.

In my experience in 1.3 the bug was quite deterministic, the first time
after a restart or a change of the file, it produced correct behavior
(correct traverse_subpath binding set), and afterwards traverse_subpath
was always None or [], I can't remember. The question is, is it still
there in 1.4. When you say "much less reproducible", do you mean that it
still happens sometimes?

Florent