[Zope-CMF] Cache Manager and images

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:59:49 +0200

Agata Cruickshank wrote at 2003-6-25 15:22 +0100:
 > I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. I have a cmf site with the header file containing an image called top (<dtml-var expr="top">). I would like the editors to be able to change this image through the editorial screens (rather than management interface) and to add new images when they create new folders, but unfortunately the image  gets cashed so it doesn't change from section to section. Is there any code I could put around that image to make it always refresh? (By the way shift-refresh in the browser doesn't do anything, I can only get the right image by removing the call for top image from header, and then re-inserting it in the header file).

When you have different images for different sections, then
the URLs for these images should be different. In this case,
the image cached for a section were the correct one.

You would still have the cache problem when a image (for one section)
is changed. The browser command "Shift-Reload" usually tells
the browser to validate the page content and reload the image.
If this is not enough for you, you can use the images
"precondition" to set cache control headers (to control caching).
Search "zope.org" for details.

Dieter