[Zope-CMF] Re: I18n-skins: Why I did what I did :-)

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 14:01:26 +0100

On Monday 03 March 2003 01:48 pm, Yuppie wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Gitte Wange (by way of Gitte Wange ) wrote:

> >>Hmmm weird - in my Zope-2.6.1.b2 setup it still looks weird if I use
> >> msgids and they are not translated inside the messagecatalog ???
> >
> > Sorry !!!
> > I checked the wrong instance (damned having so many Zopes running *S*=
)
> > No - it lookes very very nice !
> > Well then yes - we should fix the skins for CMFDefault.
>
> Well, I'm still not sure what's the Right Thing to. In an other thread
> Dieter pointed out this disadvantage of msgids:

[SNIP Dieters point]

> > How to do ??
>
> Whatever we do:
>
> I spent some hours merging your skins and doing related changes. I'll
> not do this again. All additional changes should be against
> yuppie-collector122-branch, as long as the branch isn't merged into HEA=
D.

Well I wanted to help out as well :-)
But I don't have checkin-rights so I just wanted to know if any patches s=
hould=20
be sent to you ?

> BTW:
>
> Feel free to test yuppie-collector122-branch, skins should be complete =
now.

I will do ...

> Should we also add .po / .pot files to cvs? What would be the right
> directory?

Hmm .... I haven't been trying the .po files yet, because I didn't know h=
ow to=20
get them into the messagecatalog and stuff like that. But I think it woul=
d be=20
the best approach. If it's decided to use the .po files, they should be=20
located in a directory named locale.

> What kind of documentation is needed? Where should this go?

Hmmm good question. Documentation? ;-)

--=20
Gitte Wange
Technical Manager

Email: gitte@mmmanager.org
Web: http://www.mmmanager.org
Tlf: +45 36 46 20 02

I'd use a list comprehension instead of a map(lambda...)
if I thought it would get past Jim

    -- Steve Alexander: Zope-Dev mailing list
       In a patch for ZCatalog.