[Zope-CMF] Search - Local file system objects.

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
04 Mar 2003 07:32:52 -0500

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 06:25, Paul Naveen Raj Jeyaraj wrote:

> I have a LFS in my CMF portal and I want all files under my LFS object
> to be searchable by 'CMF search'. How do I go about? Please guide. Thank
> you.

"Normal" CMF content indexes itself into the 'portal_catalog' when it
is created, re-indexes itself when modified, and unindexes itself before
being deleted.  You will need to emulate this behavior on behalf of the
filesystem-based content, either:

  - Write a "batch indexing" script which runs periodically, comparing
    the files on disk and the catalog entires, and reconciling
    differences.

or:

  - If the filesystem content objects are never modified / added /
    removed outside of Zope, then you can do the indexing operations
    "inline"< as the changes happen.