[Zope-CMF] maximum recursion depth exceeded error with exUser Folder

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 19:42:33 +0100

Dennis Heltzel wrote at 2003-3-5 15:26 -0500:
 > Thanks for the tip, but I'm still confused. The section of code in that file
 > is (starting at line 89):
 >
 >     if _stupid_format is None:
 >         _stupid_dest.write(
 >             "------\n"
 >             "%s %s %s %s\n%s"
 >             %
 >             (log_time(),
 >              severity_string(severity),
 >              subsystem,
 >              summary,
 >              detail,
 >              )
 >             )
 >
 >     _stupid_dest.flush()

Only, if "_stupid_dest" is something very strange (e.g.
something with a "__getattr__"), could this code cause
a "Recursion level exceeded" exception.

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to help you in this strange
situation:

  You get a "Recursion level exceeded" exception with a
  traceback that does not fit with the exception.

  When I meet such a situation, I start debugging.
  Unfortunately, this is not trivial.

Maybe, you can look for WingIDE, a Python IDE with support
for Zope debugging. It is not free (in the sense of costless)
but there is a trial version.
With its debugger, you can try to set breakpoints at places
mentioned in your traceback and single step from them to
understand what happens.

Dieter