[Fwd: [Zope-CMF] CookieCrumbler problem]

Kevin Carlson khcarlso@bellsouth.net
Fri, 07 Mar 2003 19:07:03 -0500

More info:

The CookieCrumbler instance is in the portal_root.  I am trying to
access index_html within a subfolder of the portal -- that's when I get
the standard authentication popup.  The only way I can get this to the
login_form  is by adding a CookieCrumber instance to the subfolder.  Is
this required?  Shouldn't acquisition take care of this?

Kevin

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Zope-CMF] CookieCrumbler problem
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 15:22:52 -0500
From: Kevin Carlson <khcarlso@bellsouth.net>
To: zope-cmf@zope.org <zope-cmf@zope.org>

I recently noticed that one of the skins in a CMF instance was not using
the CookieCrumber for authentication.  Instead, the user was presented
with the typical authentication dialog box from the browser.

I looked into the problem and discovered that login_form was throwing an
exception because Zope couldn't find the logged_in method.  After
putting the logged_in method back into the skin I am still getting the
authentication dialog box.  Should CookieCrumber be redirecting me to
the login_form method now?  There are no more exceptions being thrown.
The CookieCrumber instance lives in the portal_root and is set to use
the login_form method as the login page.

Any ideas?

Kevin