[Zope-CMF] Function Removal if Item is locked.

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
10 Mar 2003 18:45:09 -0500

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 16:01, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Chris Withers wrote at 2003-3-10 11:01 +0000:
>  > Dieter Maurer wrote:
>  > >
>  > > The branch is called somehow like "tsearver-typeinfo-as-a...".
>  > >
>  > > If you are lucky, it will be incorporated in CMF 1.4.
>  >
>  > Is this in the collector anywhere?
>  > Was consensus reached on it?
>  > Why is it languishing on a branch?
>
> Tres implemented it. I think because it provides additional features,
> and makes tools more consistent.
>
> I use it successfully for months now.

It is scheduled to be in 1.4;  I have done a good bit of the work to
land it today:

  - Merged the branch and fixed up all conflicts;  all tests pass.

  - Updated all the 'factory_type_information' structures to make the
    'action' key a TALES expression (e.g., "document_view" ->
    "string:document_view").

Remaining TODOs:

  - Write an external method for converting existing type info objects
    (they all have dictionaries, instead of ActionInformation objects,
    stored in the ZODB).

  - Test it.

I am going to land this on a new branch against today's head, if anybody
would like to help test:

  $ cvs -q up -AdP  # get to the head;  make sure no local edits!
  $ cvs -q up -r tseaver-ti_apb_redux-branch  # use the branch

Anyone game to play?  I have build and lightly tested a new CMFSite with
this code, but am certain that sites built previously die horribly.
Perhaps somebody can come up with a patch which avoids the necessity of
running a conversion script?