[Zope-CMF] Workflow not found, problem with doActionFor()

Raphael Ritz r.ritz@biologie.hu-berlin.de
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:17:09 +0100

Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca wrote:

>I am now running into a problem using doActionFor in order to publish
>programmatically created objects.
>
>The interesting bit of code looks like this:
>
>  # Create the empty new object using the proper method invokeFactory
>  try:
>    parent.invokeFactory(obj.Type(),id)
>  except:
>    print 'Could not create '+str(parent.getPhysicalPath()+( str(id), ))
>  else:
>    newobj = context.restrictedTraverse(parent.getPhysicalPath()+( str(id),
>))
>    if ( review_state == 'published' ):
>context.portal_workflow.doActionFor(newobj, 'publish')
>
>Problem is, I keep being told that the requested workflow definition was not
>found!

1. Just for clarification: is the workflow or the workflow
action/transition not found?
2. If it's not a typo in the code above: Trying to publish a published
item usually doesn't
work because there is no such transition from the published to the
published state.
So make sure that you test on a state from where the 'publish'
transition exists.

Raphael