[Zope-CMF] Function Removal if Item is locked.

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
11 Mar 2003 18:46:06 -0500

On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 15:25, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Tres Seaver wrote at 2003-3-10 18:45 -0500:
>  > ... TypeInformation as ActionProviderBase ...
>  > It is scheduled to be in 1.4;  I have done a good bit of the work to
>  > land it today:
>  >
>  >   - Merged the branch and fixed up all conflicts;  all tests pass.
>  >
>  >   - Updated all the 'factory_type_information' structures to make the
>  >     'action' key a TALES expression (e.g., "document_view" ->
>  >     "string:document_view").
>  >
>  > Remaining TODOs:
>  >
>  >   - Write an external method for converting existing type info objects
>  >     (they all have dictionaries, instead of ActionInformation objects,
>  >     stored in the ZODB).
>  >
>  >   - Test it.
>  >
>  > I am going to land this on a new branch against today's head, if anybody
>  > would like to help test:
>
> Nice to hear.
>
> My colleagues dearly wanted me to implement an additional feature:
>
>   Provide an additional "target" field for actions. This
>   field is meant to control the "target" attribute of the "a"
>   tag and allows to present actions is a specific frame
>   or a separate window.
>
> It was very easy to implement.

Should be a straightforward extension to ActionInformation, no?  An
alternative would be to extend the actions tool to allow mapping of
actions more abstractly (i.e., just by 'category'+'name') to UI elements
like icons, javascript, target, etc.  It makes some sense to do this at
a higher level for consistency (e.g. so that all "object/Edit" actions
get the same icon, target, etc.)

>  > Anyone game to play?  I have build and lightly tested a new CMFSite with
>  > this code, but am certain that sites built previously die horribly.
>
> Your original code (the one I use since months) did some automatic
> conversion. At least, I am not aware that I had to run a conversion
> script.

*Sheepishly*  I'd forgotten that the '_convertActions' method was there
until you and Yuppie reminded me. :)