[Zope-CMF] Re: Dreamweaver and webdav with zope/cmf

Tonico Strasser contact_tonico@yahoo.de
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:32:24 +0100

Hello,

Sally Owens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get Dreamweaver to work 'nicely' with our CMF site and
> there are a few things I wanted to ask this list (i've serached the
> archives but can't find answers to the Qs below). I personally am not
> intending to use Dreamweaver with Zope/CMF, but we have numerous web
> editors here who are already using DW and will probably want to continue
> doing so.
>
> 1] Has a work-around been found yet for the fact that Dreamweaver will
> only show files from the CMF site in code view (rather than 'design
> mode')? I realise that this stems from Dreamweaver's inability to handle
> files without .html file extensions, but I wondered whether the only
> solution really *is* to name all our files '*.html' in our CMF site
> (this seems to go against the way Zope and CMF were written)?! If we do
> rename all our files with .html extensions what will 'break'?

Should work with CMF content.

Can we
> just handle this with Apache rules (to look for index.html rather than
> index_html) or will it break all sorts of things in our CMF site?
>
> 2] Can Dreamweaver handle content types other than the default
> 'Document'? We have written lots of content types will additional fields
> and when I view these in Dreamweaver, the content of these fields isn't
> there. Is there any configuration that can be done to ensure that
> Dreamweaver (or webdav? Not sure where this problem lies) 'sees' the
> fields of content types other than 'Document'?

This depends on how manage_FTPget and PUT is handled by those content types.

> 3] I had assumed that when editing content via Dreamweaver you would be
> able to see the content *within* the appropriate template, but from my
> experiments so far this doesn't seem the case. Can Dreamweaver do this?
> Does webdav pass the info. relating to the 'view form' for a given
> content type and the associated template to Dreamweaver? Or am I
> expecting something that isn't technically possible?

To get the 'real' content, enable and use the WebDav source port or use FTP.

Tonico

--
Tonico Strasser, WebDesigner

Contact me