[Zope-CMF] Function Removal if Item is locked.

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
13 Mar 2003 07:58:42 -0500

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 07:32, Chris Withers wrote:
> Tres Seaver wrote:
> >   - Write an external method for converting existing type info objects
> >     (they all have dictionaries, instead of ActionInformation objects,
> >     stored in the ZODB).
> >
> >   - Test it.
>
> Writing tests is so much easier and more effective if done before the code is
> written...

Writing unit tests which encode the developer's assumptions about what
the real world looks like is som much easier than verifying that
unit-tested code actually works with existing, persistent data "in the
wild."

Changing TypeInformation is scary, because getting it wrong takes your
CMF site down completely until you repair the damage.  Dieter and Yuppie
pointed out to me that the conversion code was already in place;  I
added a test for it the day before yesterday, *and* have verified that
an "old" CMF site comes up cleanly against it.