[Zope-CMF] Re: Function Removal if Item is locked.

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
13 Mar 2003 14:51:30 +0100

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 14:39, Yuppie wrote:
> Florent Guillaume wrote:
> > What I really want is *arbitrary* properties on actions. Target is just
> > one of lots of special cases (onclick, image, color, etc., come to
> > mind).
>
> image?? color???
>
> These examples sound like you want to store layout inside
> ActionInformation. Shouldn't images and colors be defined in the skins?

No, I want to store arbitrary metadata on the action. I'll then use it
as I see fit when I display the action box.

Instead of image, understand "icon_name" for instance. "target" is
another good example. There could be arbitrary rollover information to
associate to that action too. And so on. That's juste metadata. They
could be simply key to actual data stored in a skin, but I need to have
the key there.

Florent