[Zope-CMF] Function Removal if Item is locked.

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 22:31:07 +0100

Chris Withers wrote at 2003-3-13 12:32 +0000:
 > Tres Seaver wrote:
 > >   - Write an external method for converting existing type info objects
 > >     (they all have dictionaries, instead of ActionInformation objects,
 > >     stored in the ZODB).
 > >
 > >   - Test it.
 >
 > Writing tests is so much easier and more effective if done before the code is
 > written...

Really?

I can not understand why writing a test should be easier or more
effective before the implementation than after it.

   When I know the implementation, I know the boundary cases that
   need special tests (to ensure they are right).

   Often, the implementation slightly changes the specification
   (at least, when I implement as I usually also did the
   specification).
   Best to wait with the tests until the specification is
   fixed (and implemented).

Dieter