[Zope-CMF] Building dynamic pages & the like

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 12:55:50 -0500

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 05:31:10PM +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
> The only thing I could think to do was to scatter index_html's in 'content
> space' but this means someone needs to be ZPT-aware (and worse still, go
> through the ZMI) in order to layout the index page of their department.
>
> What other was have people found to tackle these kinds of problems?

Funny you should mention it, i'm having related problems...

Currently i'm really kludging this by using my "TALES in content" recipe
that i posted on zopelabs, so a document can include other stuff
with syntax like ${context/some_id}.  The problem is that you can't
include Documents that way because you really want the CookedBody,
not the view, and I don't want content managers to have to learn yet
another bit of magic (CookedBody). Another problem is that catalog
searches will turn up documents that are only intended to be included
in others.

I think these problems might be fixable by creating a new content type
specifically for this purpose; I'd call it "Snippet" or something like that.
But i haven't really thought through the issues.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com