[Zope-CMF] Building dynamic pages & the like

Ausum Studio ausum_studio@hotmail.com
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:28:49 -0500

These are the sort of issues that CMFPortlets is meant to handle, although
with a little bit of hacking (basically where to store the layout info,
currently stored at portal_memberdata, at a per-user basis). This is the
case:

A single designer (or a designers team) creates the site's overall look and
feel and also several content graphic containers alternatives based on it .
These must be switchable and configurable.(Example: the thumbnailed-links
box at both pages, that share the same graphical structure, while being
different only at the background color and the number of columns).

Once a department needs a new front page, they can layout the content by
tunnelling it trough special formatting portlets (already created by the
site developers based on the designers work), while they are constrained to
respect the site's graphical guidelines.

Ausum