[Zope-CMF] Building dynamic pages & the like

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:57:06 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Chris Withers wrote:

> sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote:
> > If you can live with the idea that layouts are simply collections of slots
> > in page templates that have associated assets, you might want to look at
> > PageDesign in cvs.zope.org/Products... So a layout person using this sort of
> > paradigm might just pick an existing ZPT template, and click buttons in a
> > browser in an 'edit view' to add assets to fill the slots in the layout.
>
> I did try PageDesign but couldn't actually get it to _do_ anything other than
> have a cute floating toolbar which also didn't do anything.
>
> Any place I can get a Demo/Tutorial of PageDesigns working properly?

I've refactored the interesting parts of PageDesigns into a reusable
DOM-based Javascript library.  It's called PDLib.  I started some
documentation but got caught up in Real Life. ;-)  Meanwhile, people are
happily using it without documentation, but with an example.

Here is the standalone example of pdlib, checked out of cvs.zope.org from
/Packages/PDLib:

http://hathaway.freezope.org/Software/PDLib/example.html

Shane