[Zope-CMF] CMF Support Woes

Andy McKay andy@agmweb.ca
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 12:45:40 -0800

> I am not trying to start anything, but I am grasping for help and there
> seems to be little of it for this product.  I understand that CMF is Open
> Source (I too code C++ open source), but most other projects seem to have a
> more responsive help sources (usually forums).

Responsiveness is based on many things, I find it all very responsive
for a free forum composed of people all working very hard on their own
projects. One of the advantages to Plone is that there is a very good
mailing list or two and a very busy irc channel.

Also note its often based on your question, often boring (ie commonly
answered) or questions people don't know the answer to get ignored.
That's life ;)

> Basically, I need to add additional meta-data (for all portal content types)
> to the edit meta data form, and I would like the full edit meta data form to
> be the default.  I would also like to have some meta-data entries to be
> required.  Is this possible to change via the ZMI, or do I need get out a
> wrench and modify the code.  (Not really knowing Python I would prefer a ZMI
> method, but will take what help I can get).   I did use the meta-data tool
> to make new meta-data types, but they apparently do not "automatically"
> appear in the form nor is there an apparent interface to add them to the
> form.

There isn't any automatic adding of meta_data. You have to edit the
form. Its a pain, patches accepted ;)

> P.S. I have been looking for help on this topic for about 2 weeks, 5 days a
> week, 8 hours a day, so please go gentle if I managed to miss a "good" help
> source.

PS: trimming all this remaining message would have been nice ;)

Cheers
--
   Andy McKay