[Zope-CMF] Fwd: [ZPT] i18n:data - how to ?

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:45:53 +0100

I tried asking this question at the zpt-list but it seems dead.
So I try asking it here - maybe someone knows the answer:

Subject: [ZPT] i18n:data - how to ?
Date: Thursday 27 March 2003 04:40 pm
From: Gitte Wange <gitte@mmmanager.org>
To: zpt@zope.org

Hello,

I am a very happy user of the i18n-translation stuff in ZPT.
But I miss one thing - the functionality of the i18n:data attribute.

I have tried to put a date argument into i18n:data in order to translate the
way dates are dislayed but with no luck.
Is there some magic I have missed ?

Here's an example of how the error is:
I use this piece of code:

And I get this error:
Exception Type          TypeError
Exception Value         argument must be dictionary, not instance

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 252, in __call__
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 283, in _bindAndExec
    * Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 167, in _exec
    * Module Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate, line 228, in _exec
    * Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 139, in pt_render
    * Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 95, in pt_render
      <FSPageTemplate at /lm1/agenda_marklist used for
/lm1/Members/gitte/1048770395924350714>
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 200, in __call__
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 703, in do_useMacro
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 726, in do_defineSlot
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 412, in do_optTag_tal
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 394, in no_tag
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 636, in do_loop_tal
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 244, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 567, in do_insertTranslation
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 644, in translate

TypeError: argument must be dictionary, not instance

Any hints ?

--
Gitte Wange
Technical Manager

Email: gitte@mmmanager.org
Web: http://www.mmmanager.org
Tlf: +45 36 46 20 02

Linux - because a PC is a terrible thing to waste

Gitte Wange
Technical Manager

Email: gitte@mmmanager.org
Web: http://www.mmmanager.org
Tlf: +45 36 46 20 02

Python 2.0 beta 1 is now available from BeOpen PythonLabs.
There is a long list of new features since Python 1.6,
released earlier today. We don't plan on any new releases
in the next 24 hours.

    -- Jeremy Hylton, in the 2.0b1 announcement, 5 Sep 2000