[Zope-CMF] [dev] some CMF 1.4beta1 issues

Yuppie schubbe@web.de
Wed, 07 May 2003 14:01:02 +0200

Hi!

There are still some unresolved issues regarding the bigger changes in
CMF 1.4:

type actions:
=============

The absolute-URL problem is even worse than described in
<http://collector.zope.org/CMF/152> .

I don't know how a browser should resolve an empty href, but at least in
a current Mozilla browser empty actions are broken.

CMF 1.3.1:

folder view action.text:     ""
url returned by ActionsTool: "http://localhost:8080/mySite"
link in Mozilla:             "http://localhost:8080/mySite"
link in IE:                  "http://localhost:8080/mySite"

CMF 1.4beta1 (converted or new):

folder view action.text:     "string:"
url returned by ActionsTool: ""
link in Mozilla:             whatever your current view is
link in IE:                  "http://localhost:8080/mySite/"

So I want to modify this proposal a bit:
<http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2003-May/018431.html>

The conversion method should also add 'string:${object_url}/' instead of
just 'string:'.

internationalization support
============================

herve reported some issues on the collector.

1.) dynamic string issues:

<http://collector.zope.org/CMF/158>
Has anyboy got an idea how to resolve this?

<http://collector.zope.org/CMF/156>
Fixing that would be very easy, but we will run into similar problems as
in #158.

2.) message catalogue issues:

<http://collector.zope.org/CMF/155>
I'm not happy with creating a new directory for just a single file. But
the usual place for a .pot file seems to be CMFDefault/locale. We should
wait with creating that file until #156 and #158 are resolved.

<http://collector.zope.org/CMF/157>
I don't think translations should be part of the distribution. These
should be released in a decentralized way:

Each language needs a maintainer who is responsible for the content of
the .po file. There should be an overview at cmf.zope.org with links to
the downloads.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,