[Zope-CMF] Making only specific views delivered through https

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
Fri, 9 May 2003 15:14:53 +0200

Hello,

I havebeen searching through the archives but have not yet found a complete
answer.

I have a site where I want to serve only some pages through https.
I want the login process to run through https and then I have some views of a
product I also want to run through https.
The product is a portal type to it can be located various places on the portal
(typically in the members' folders)

I read in the archives a surgestion on rewriting the urltool to handle the
stuff for returning https urls for the login proces but I'm not sure whether
it will work for the type views ??
Anyone tried this before ?
(And maybe have some code I can look at for inspiration?)
I have had the whole site running under https so that's not a problem. I use
Apache in front of Zope and it passes the requests for the Zope site through
mox_proxy (ProxyPass)
Then I just added a SiteRoot in the portal giving it https://<domain> instead
of just http://<domain> and it works perfect! Now I just need to "filter" out
all the content of the site that should not be presented through https ...

--
Gitte Wange
Technical Manager

Email: gitte@mmmanager.org