[Zope-CMF] DCWorkflow - referencing workflow variable in transition guard expression

Absolutly absolut_ly@excite.com
Mon, 12 May 2003 00:58:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I need to write a DCWorkflow transition guard expression that references a workflow variable.  I am writing a workflow that will use state variables to control transition visibility.

However, I have been unable to determine how to reference a workflow variable in a guard expression.  I've googled this to death, but I have not found any examples of how this is done.  My attempts to access the variable directly or via state_change or workflow.getInfoFor have all failed (note that workflow.getInfoFor works fine in a page template to retrieve the variable).  It's not a TALES problem that I'm aware of, I just can't figure out the namespace of the workflow variables so I get Attribute or Name or KeyErrors.

I would really appreciate it if one of you DCWorkflow experts out there (shawn are you listening!) would take 5 seconds and give me an example of how to reference a workflow variable in a guard expression.  All I need is a simple truth test ala 'python: myvariable'.

For all I know 'python: myvariable' is a perfectly valid guard and i've misconfigured something.  I have stock CMF 1.3, Zope 2.6.1 and DCWorkflow 0.5, and I haven't changed any permissions from the default.  My workflow was created by customizing the default web-configurable workflow [classic].

I'm almost hoping this is complicated, so i don't feel like such a nitwit for not figuring it out on my own.  If nothing else I can be the example for future DCWorkflow users and/or encourage someone to updated the DC docs to give a simple example of this.

Thanks

John

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com