[Zope-CMF] [ANN] PortalTransforms 1.0

Tim Terlegård timte878 at student.liu.se
Fri Nov 7 10:29:53 EST 2003

> well, that product is a generic transformation engine for the cmf.
> It's automagically integrated with archetypes but not with any
> other product I'm aware of.

Ok, I thought there was a central point where all products asked
for mimetypes and transformations and that they would have been
redirected to PortalTransforms, but I guess not.

> Moreover, there is no oo transformation for the moment
> but longsleep, the author of CMFOODocument, has worked on this.

I knew about CMFOODocument, but I was thinking that PortalTransforms
might make it redundant? If you work with Archetypes...

PortalTransforms claims it is missing PyUNO when it starts, so
I thought OpenOffice was supported, but that is perhaps just
for word -> html so far? I guess OpenOffice -> html is not very
far away in that case.

Are there plans to put CMFOODocument code into PortalTransforms?

Tim