[Zope-CMF] [ANN] PortalTransforms 1.0

Sylvain Thénault Sylvain.Thenault at logilab.fr
Fri Nov 7 10:33:24 EST 2003

On Friday 07 November à 16:29, Tim Terlegård wrote:
> > well, that product is a generic transformation engine for the cmf.
> > It's automagically integrated with archetypes but not with any
> > other product I'm aware of.
>
> Ok, I thought there was a central point where all products asked
> for mimetypes and transformations and that they would have been
> redirected to PortalTransforms, but I guess not.

this is the idea of portal transforms, but since it's a recent product,
it's not widely used.

> > Moreover, there is no oo transformation for the moment
> > but longsleep, the author of CMFOODocument, has worked on this.
>
> I knew about CMFOODocument, but I was thinking that PortalTransforms
> might make it redundant? If you work with Archetypes...
>
> PortalTransforms claims it is missing PyUNO when it starts, so
> I thought OpenOffice was supported, but that is perhaps just
> for word -> html so far?

yep

> I guess OpenOffice -> html is not very far away in that case.

yep yep

> Are there plans to put CMFOODocument code into PortalTransforms?

yes, longsleep told me he would contribute his transformation when
possible. But I've no idea when... The best is to ask him directly ;)

--
Sylvain Thénault                               LOGILAB, Paris (France).