[Zope-CMF] CMFStaging skins

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Nov 9 12:31:18 EST 2003

Adrien Driver wrote at 2003-11-9 14:39 +1100:
 > I have a site setup via the CMF but can't figure
 > our exactly how to add the skins.

Often, extension products come with an installation script.
Not sure, whether CMFStaging belongs to this category.
If it would, the installation script would take care of
skin addition.

Unfortunately, "adding a skin" can mean different things.

The primary meaning of a "skin" is a namespace (a devive
mapping names to objects) defined
in the "Properties" tab of your "portal_skins" object.
Such a namespace consists of a sequence of layers which
are themselves namespaces. When the skin is asked to
resolve a name it asks each layer in turn until one
is able to resolve the name.
If the installation instructions would refer to this meaning,
then you would use the "Add a new skin" section
or "portal_skins --> Properties" to create the new skin.
However, this is unlikely.

I expect the term "skin" is used in the instruction as
a component namespace (used as a layer in the skin definition).
If this is right, you would go to "portal_skins --> Contents"
and there use the "Add list" ("Select type to add...") to
add a "Filesystem Directory View".
This will present you a "Directory" select box.
I expect you to find "CMFStaging/skins/staging"
and "CMFStaging/skins/tidy". Add them both (in two
separate "add filesystem directory view" operation).
Then go to "portal_skins --> properties" and add
"staging" and "tidy" to each skin you are using (as additional
layers).

--
Dieter