[Zope-CMF] Switching workflow causes affected objects to change state?

Hamish Lawson hbl at st-andrews.ac.uk
Thu Nov 27 04:36:50 EST 2003

Should switching the workflow associated with a portal type cause any
affected objects to change state, even if the new workflow supports all
the states provided by the previous workflow?

I defined a workflow based on plone_workflow, called shared_workflow,
and associated it with all my types, including Folder. Some while later
I realised that I shouldn't have used this workflow also for folders, as
the permissions that need to be managed for a folder are different from
a non-folder type. I therefore defined another workflow,
shared_folder_workflow, this time based on folder_workflow. However when
I associated shared_folder_workflow with the Folder type, any folders
that had been in the visible state changed to being in the published
state, the initial state for shared_folder_workflow, even though
shared_folder_workflow supports the visible state.

I'm using Plone 1.0.5 with CMF 1.3.2.

Hamish Lawson
University of St Andrews, Scotland