[Zope-CMF] Disabling the Folder Contents Action

Calvin Hendryx-Parker calvin at sixfeetup.com
Thu Oct 2 23:58:51 EDT 2003

On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 08:31  PM, Tres Seaver wrote:
> Your product can register the "standard" type actions when registering
> the content type (via the 'factory_type_information' argument).  You
> could simply delete the description of the 'folder_contents' action
> from
> your type information, and most users would never know that it was
> possible.  Clever site admins would still be able to force one in for
> their site by adding the action manually via the types tool;  you won't
> be able to prevent that, although you could probably hijack the name by
> defining a method on your class.

I just tried adding the folderContents action to my FTI, but it didn't
override the one associated with the folder category listed with the
portal_actions tool.  I also didn't see any 'description' value
associated with an action.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks for your help,
Calvin

--
S i x   F e e t   U p  |  "Taking your site to new heights"
Silicon Valley: +1 (650) 401-8579  |  Midwest: +1 (317) 861-5948
mailto:calvin at sixfeetup.com
http://www.sixfeetup.com  |  Hosting from $9.95/month