[Zope-CMF] Understanding the login mechanism

Gitte Wange gitte at mmmanager.org
Wed Oct 8 07:34:24 EDT 2003

Onsdag 08 oktober 2003 01:21   skrev Dario Lopez-Kästen:
> I am interested in such a beast too, and I am also interested in helping
> out - we need to do some single sing on for Zope during within 6-9 months.
> I've also done a bit of work on exUserFolder and it is not too hard to do
> this.
>
> For a simple UserFolder replacement too look at, I recommend looking at
> SimpleUserFolder from Chris Withers, which is fairly straight forward to
> follow. http://www.zope.org/Members/NIP/SimpleUserFolder  digging thru that
> code you will get an understanding of what to do in your own UserFolder.
>
> To understand what it does look at the source of Zope, particularely
> lib/python/AccessControl/User which contains the UserFolder code and the
> User classes that Zope utilises.
>
> You will notice that most userfodlers subclass one of the User classes, and
> so does for instance SimpleUserFolder and exUserFolder.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> /dario

Hi Dario !

Thanks for the links ...
Actually I don't think of writing an entire product for this anymore - I have
looked at PluggableUserFolder (from Nuxeo) and it looks like it can do the
trick. All I have to do is to create a new plugin for it and that will be
used to authenticate the users.

The biggest problem I have at the moment is to get user information from the
remote site (the browser won't send cookies or HTTP authentication headers -
thanks Lennart for that info).
Any ideas on this approach would be most welcome :-))

--
Gitte Wange
Technical Manager

Email: gitte at mmmanager.org
Web: http://www.mmmanager.org
Tlf: +45 36 46 20 02

> We'll tell you when we try out the code you've written ;-)
Ahha, the classic open-source sanity pill/ thorn in my side....
What You Want Is What You Should Code Yourself ( WYWIWYSCY )

    -- Tom Smith: Zope Mailing List, About using ZODB as ODBC data source.