[Zope-CMF] Re: Re: Understanding the login mechanism

Gitte Wange gitte at mmmanager.org
Thu Oct 9 08:17:09 EDT 2003

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 14:13:03 +0200, Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:

> From: "Seb Bacon" <seb at jamkit.com>
>
>> Hmm, just thinking aloud... could you use a 3rd authentication server
>> which sets the cookies against its own domain?
>>

> hm.. maybe it is time to start looking into pubCookie and CAS instead of
> reinventing the wheel:
>
> pubCookie:      www.pubcookie.org
>
> CAS:            http://www.yale.edu/tp/auth/
>

> I will probably be working on adapting a user folder for pubCookie in the
> near future...

Well Seb's solution and Dario's suggestions looks like some possible
solutions ... but I still dream of a solution that doesn't need to change
anything in the login mechanisms of remotesite.com
I hope to crack the damn thing ... if not I guess I have to look at the
other solutions :-)

--
Gitte Wange
Technical Manager

Email: gitte at mmmanager.org
Web: http://www.mmmanager.org
Tlf: +45 36 46 20 02

Linux - because a PC is a terrible thing to waste