[Zope-CMF] performance w/ files in the cmf

Christopher Heschong chris at wiw.org
Fri Oct 10 13:40:14 EDT 2003

I've noticed some performance issues lately with CMF-1.4.1 (under
Zope-2.7.0-b2 and 2.6.1), and was wondering if maybe I'm doing something
wrong.

I've placed a file called "favicon.ico" in the root of my zope db.  Then I
created an empty cmf called "cmf".  I also created an empty folder called
"test".

Using apachebench (1000 requests, concurrency of 5), I get these results:

http://server:8080/favicon.ico      131.54 [#/sec] (mean)
http://server:8080/cmf/favicon.ico  24.43 [#/sec] (mean)
http://server:8080/test/favicon.ico 129.98 [#/sec] (mean)

What causes acquisition in the CMF to be so much slower than other types
of aquisition?  Do I have something configured improperly?  Is it related
to the skinnable component?

Thanks.