[Zope-CMF] Catalog search problem

Kevin Carlson khcarlso at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 16 12:26:19 EDT 2003

I am searching the portal_catalog using the following code:

searchString = '"Keyword1 Keyword2"'
res = context.portal_catalog({'SearchableText': searchString})

I receive the following traceback which I can't make heads or tails out
of.  Has anyone experienced this?  Ideas on resolution?

By the way if I change the searchString to 'Keyword1 Keyword2', things
work fine.  What I am trying to do is search on a phrase instead of
getting each document that contains either of the two keywords.  I have
looked at the TextIndexNG documentation and haven't come across any
explanation of whether this is possible or not.

If I run the code as above, it blows up on the line querying the
catalog. I am using:

Zope 2.6.1 (source distribution)
Python 2.1.3
CMF 1.2
TextIndexNG 1.09

Thanks,

Kevin

---------------------

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 252, in __call__
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 283, in _bindAndExec
    * Module Products.PythonScripts.PythonScript, line 315, in _exec
    * Module Script (Python), line 3, in test_script
      *<PythonScript at /Portal/portal_skins/Test/test_script>*
      *Line 3*
    * Module Products.CMFCore.CatalogTool, line 193, in searchResults
    * Module Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog, line 619, in searchResults
    * Module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog, line 732, in searchResults
    * Module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog, line 480, in search
    * Module Products.TextIndexNG.TextIndexNG, line 464, in _apply_index
    * Module Products.TextIndexNG.ParseTree, line 117, in executeQuery
    * Module Products.TextIndexNG.ResultSet, line 127, in phraseResultSets
    * Module Products.TextIndexNG.ResultSet, line 159, in nearResultSets
    * Module Products.TextIndexNG.TextIndexNG, line 658, in
      positionsFromDocumentLookup
    * Module Products.TextIndexNG.TextIndexNG, line 633, in
      getDataFromObject
    * Module OFS.Traversable, line 153, in unrestrictedTraverse
      __traceback_info__: ([], 'Sample Document')
    * Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 652, in __getitem__