[Zope-CMF] Registering content types with different add permissions in one module

Seb Bacon seb at jamkit.com
Tue Oct 21 09:13:25 EDT 2003

Heimo Laukkanen wrote:
> How can I register some of these types with one permission and rest of
> them with another? I tried to do second ContentInit.initialize call with
> just a few of the types - but it wiped out types that I registered
> beforehand.
>
> There must be some solution?

One quick answer is: don't use utils.ContentInit to register the
exception(s).  You should just use the standard product registration
mechanism[1].  This means you won't be able to add the type through the
CMFDefault Product, etc, but it will work.

seb

[1] i.e. 'context.registerClass(klass, permission, icon, meta_type,
constructors)'