[Zope-CMF] Registering content types with different add permissions in one module

Heimo Laukkanen huima at iki.fi
Tue Oct 21 15:00:24 EDT 2003

Seb Bacon wrote:

> i.e. ZMI -> Add CMFDefault Content -> radio button.  Not a big worry.
> But possibly some other stuff might break which expects it to be the old
> way.  Sorry I can't be more help :-)
> IIRC utils.ContentInit does some tricks to register everything its
> passed under the same name, and if you call it twice, you'll override
> the first call with the second.  I have no idea, therefore, how the
> NeoPortal works unless it has its own verson of utils.ContentInit.

It used the normal CMFCore utils, which makes me just wonder what do I
do wrong. Anyway I noticed that ContentInit behaves like you described -
and eventhough I desperately tries to get it to work I eventually
decided to just create new product for half of my content-types. Just a
little annoyance - but something that I can live with.

Has anyone else stumbled with similar problem and managed to get it to
work - or does anyone understand why it works with NeoPortalContenPack ,-)

-huima