[Zope-CMF] Update security settings problem

Lars H. Korte larzy at freenet.de
Sun Oct 26 13:01:36 EST 2003

Hello,

last days, I was facing the following problem:
- I have customized the plone_workflow to manage "Review portal content" and
a lot other permissions
- I migrated my Site from Plone 1.0.1 to 1.0.5
- Now I wanted to clear up my workflow settings to have a default Plone-WF
- I set up a new Portal
- copied/exported the portal_workflow from the new site
- deleted the workflow in my old Site
- Pasted/imported the WF from the new Site into the old one
- Hit "Update Security Settings"-button
- I've set "review portal content" for reviewers on the top of my site
- hoped to have done a good thing

!!BUT!!

My old documents somehow still had the old workflow permission-settings,
which I thought were overwritten by the update security settings. I noticed
this with the "review portal content" permission and that the state of old
documents could be changed being reviewer.
Newly created documents obeyed to the new (pure) plone_workflow (without the
review portal content permission) and the state could not be changed being
reviewer!?

My solution was to let my new plone_workflow manage the "review portal
content" permission and an "Update Security Settings".
Then I again deleted this permission from the plone_workflow.

To cut a long story short: why doesn't "update security settings" really
reset all permissions and only give the wf-managed permissions to the
documents?

regards,
Lars