[Zope-CMF] Using CMF/Plone for Document Management?

Kelley, Sean SKelley at ci.santa-rosa.ca.us
Wed Oct 29 14:50:39 EST 2003

I want to setup PDF scanners and use CMF/Plone for document management.  My
thinking is that I already have PDF docs searchable with textIndexNG for
people who manually add documents, but how do I automate the process of
adding several documents at once?  I have tested CMFExternalFile (which is
not allowing full test searches on PDF docs for some reason).  What if I
want to allow users to upload batches of documents which pre set fields like
"department" and other custom searchable pre set fields?  Is CMFExternalFile
the answer?  Is there a better way?  Does CMFExternalFile just need to be
customized?

I am currently running...
CMFExternalFile 0.5
zope 2.6.1