[Zope-CMF] Dynamic Select lists

Alec Mitchell apm13 at columbia.edu
Fri Oct 31 20:21:32 EST 2003

I have an Archetypes type that I've created whose schema contains two
LinesFields using MultiSelectWidgets.  The problem is that I need the select
list in the second field to be determined by the selection made in the first
field.  I guess this can be accomplished by using a two page edit form, which
saves on each submit; or by using Javascript to save then reload the form
onSelect in the first widget (requiring a custom widget I guess).  Either of
these methods seem to require some way to override the default behaviors of
the CMF FormTool, and I'm not sure how to go about this.  I don't thik it
will be practical to use javascript to fill in the second field because the
value determination process will be somewhat complex.  Perhaps there is an
easier (or even an obvious) way?

Thanks for any help,
Alec Mitchell