[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] delete members: related changes and updated proposal

Yuppie schubbe at web.de
Mon Sep 8 14:05:08 EDT 2003

Hi!

Seb Bacon wrote:
> Yuppie wrote:
>
>> 2.) getMembersFolder
>>
>> Currently getMembersFolder exists only in CMFDefault. I'd like to add
>> a hardcoded getMembersFolder method (always returning 'Members') to
>> CMFCore for use in the new deleteMemberArea method.
>

> IMO, "Member folders" are a CMFDefault idiosyncracy and should stay in
> CMFDefault.  I've (almost?) never seen the member folder concept in the
> wild, outside of CMF-based sites.  CMFCore should be carefully guarded
> as a generalised framework.

I'm not sure if I did get your point. CMFCore already has a
createMemberarea() method that depends on a folder with the id 'Members'.

There are also getMemberareaCreationFlag(), setMemberareaCreationFlag()
and the not implemented methods getHomeFolder() and getHomeUrl() that
support the member folder concept.

If I can't use getMembersFolder() in CMFCore, I have to override the
deleteMemberArea method in CMFDefault by adding almost redundant code.

What would you propose to do?

Cheers,
	Yuppie