[Zope-CMF] Re: Switching from Folder to BTreeFolder2

Gitte Wange gitte at mmmanager.org
Tue Sep 9 10:42:45 EDT 2003

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 23:35:38 +0000, seb bacon wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 20:36, Gitte Wange wrote:
>> Now - is that a bad idea? (I can't think of any)
>
> No.  There's not really any reason *not* to use BTreeFolders.

Great :-)
Just wanted to be sure ...

>> This may seem like a dumb question but it's better to be safe than sorry :-)
>> If I do make the change - will the existing object in my portal benefit
>> from this ? Or do I need to delete it and create the tool again ?
>
> I don't quite understand the question, but you should recreate the tool
> or write a migration script - just changing the class won't suffice if
> that's what you mean.

Okay - just wanted to now if it would change anything in the existing
instance of the class, if I changed the class inheritance.
But as I figured it doesn't.
Migration script .. hmm ... someone has a code snip I can look at ?
I can only think that I have to export all the contents of the tool and
import it again - and since we talk about 500+ objects it will take quite
some time :-)

--
Gitte Wange
Technical Manager

Email: gitte at mmmanager.org
Web: http://www.mmmanager.org
Tlf: +45 36 46 20 02

To further try to track this problem down, I've developed
a "burger, fries, coke" application in honor of this thread.
So far, I've eaten 84 burgers, 31 cokes, and 42 fries.
I can't seem to break this thing, and I'm not hungry anymore. :-(

    -- Chris McDonough: Mailing List
       Trying to reproduce a bug in CST 0.8