[Zope-CMF] created not returned as DateTime object?

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Sat Sep 13 07:19:21 EDT 2003

I just upgraded a CMF 1.3.1 site to 1.3.2 and then upgraded the zope
instance its on to Zope 2.6.2

Now upon a search, I get the error:

ValueError: unsupported format character 'm' (0x6d) at index 1

You can see the full traceback below.

This is due to this DTML code:

<dtml-var created fmt="%m.%d.%Y">

If I remove the fmt="%m.%d.%Y" the problem goes away. However this same DTML
in the *_view templates works fine. So it looks like the problem is in the
Catalog. I tried killing the created Index and rebuilding it as a DateTime
index instead of Field but it does not help.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone else think this is a bug?

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module OFS.DTMLDocument, line 131, in __call__
  Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 474, in __call__
  Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Let, line 76, in render
  Module DocumentTemplate.DT_In, line 604, in renderwb
  Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Let, line 76, in render
  Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Var, line 280, in render
   - __traceback_info__: ('created', Missing.Value, {'fmt': '%m.%d.%Y', '':
'created'})
ValueError: unsupported format character 'm' (0x6d) at index 1

<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Shared and Dedicated Zope Hosting ~ Zope Servers ~ Zope Websites
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet ~ MSN: zettainet at hotmail.com ~ ICQ: 51907738