[Zope-CMF] Email address as username (again)

Tom von Schwerdtner tvon at etria.com
Sat Sep 13 23:14:12 EDT 2003

Has anyone gotten this to work?  I have tried setting
__ALLOWED_MEMBER_ID_PATTERN in CMFCore/RegistrationTool.py to match
anything but I still get an error upon trying to create a username that is
an email address (AttributeError/setMemberProperties).  I have not hacked
any further since I figured someone must have done this or at least knows
how difficult it is.  So...any comments?

Also, does anyone know why some of the other restrictions exist?  namely,
why must the first character of a username be alpha?  Why can there be no
periods?  One hack around the no-@ requirement I had considered was just
doing a s/@/AT/ but the previous two rules (namely the first-char-alpha
rule) make this an exceptionally ugly hack.

Any information would be appreciated.

Regards,
Tom