[Zope-CMF] FSZSQK Method patch

Alex V. Koval alex at halogen-dg.com
Tue Apr 6 05:52:06 EDT 2004

Hello,

We have discovered that FSZSQLMethod does not allow us to use standard
Zope SQL
FTP and WebDav serialized view of Z SQL method. Additionally we encountered
the big problem with FS Z SQL method arguments. It seems that we can pass
only
1 argument within the <dtml-comment> block, via arguments field. Our
attempt
to pass required by ZSQL method line feed there does not succeed because
the parsing
of parameters block splits it by '\n':

         for line in block.split('\n'):
             pair = line.split(':',1)
             if len(pair)!=2:
                 continue
             parameters[pair[0].strip().lower()]=pair[1].strip()

The possible solution would be to include multiple arguments via ',' but
in general we
want to be able to use common method Zope uses to serialize objects via
FTP, WebDav.

To make it possible we have patched FSZSQLMethod.py file so it works with
both Zope
formats now: with the custom format developed for FSZSQLMethod.py and with
standard
Zope serialize format (<params>...</params>).

Submitting it to mailing list, please advice if we should send it
somewhere to the author
to review and include to the CVS?

The patch we made has been produced by diff -u of FSZSQLMethod.py of Skins
product,
but it works to patch the original file in CMFCore.

--
Alex V. Koval
http://www.halogen-dg.com